Saturday, November 5, 2011

my thoughts...on ICE!

My thoughts on ice...
I love many things iced - Iced Tea, Iced Coffee, Ice Pops, and of course my all time favorite, Ice Cream! Yes, iced products are yummy! So, just imagine the chills (pun intended) that I felt when I first realized I could make Iced Jewelry!!

Susan Lenart Kazmer developed a product called ICE Resin. It's a jewelry grade resin that is very easy to work with, is waterproof and will never yellow over time. I finally got around to trying ICE a few months ago and discovered a whole new world of opportunities open up for my jewelry designs.

Somebody in Susan's world must have liked what they saw because they are featuring me and some of my work today over at the ICE QUEEN E-ZINE as their Super Star Saturday artist! Exciting!!

I hope you will hop on over to the ICE QUEEN E-ZINE and take a look at my feature and maybe even leave a comment if you like what you see! I love feedback!!


Here is a look at some of the pieces I've created using ICE Resin.
If you've been following my blog you will recognize them.
If this is your first visit and would like a closer look at them,
you can see the process of how I created them by clicking on each photo.





Ice Resin is not limited to jewelry. So take a minute, pour yourself a cold drink  (on ice of course) and check out their website for exciting design ideas and for tips and techniques on how to use this wonderful product.

Thanks for stopping by and have a   nICE   day!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kathy!! Off to take a closer look at your ice projects and the e-zine feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being featured!

    I took a class on ICE resin with Susan a few years ago, and it was so much fun. She's such an enthusiastic and encouraging teacher.

    I love ICE resin, too. I love mixing glitter into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature!! You have such an amazing variety... a very cool product that ICE. Looking forward to seeing what else you dream up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ice queen blog and visit often - I was excited to see you profiled today - congrats! I too took a class with Susan - she is the Best! Love your Asian inspired pieces - I had not seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, that is really exciting! You are so amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...your jewelry is A-mazing!!! So glad you stopped by my blog so I could find your blog. Think I'll follow along to see what you come up with next :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!!!! :-)

    ... Zippy? Thanks for sharing such a heartfelt story. It really touched my heart.
    Throwing him in the fire? Sounds like something one of my boys would have tried...and probably succeeded in doing...dad would have came to the rescue too! Any man who would risk his life behind a freeway barrier to rescue an Ernie,
    well, he's a keeper...( the story is on my blog somewhere!?) I'd link it,
    but I'm typing from my phone and can't do both...

    Thanks for sharing...counting down the days...are you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here it is...Save Ernie!

    http://patinamarie.blogspot.com/2008/09/save-ernie.html

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy